Love Can Be Review and Giveaway

The Circle of Dogs

New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings – Lao Tzu

If you read my post last Friday, you know that we just passed the four year anniversary of Pip’s passing. On November 26, 2013, about a month after we lost Pip we adopted Ruby. Everyone’s different, but for us adopting a new dog was the very best way to honor Pip. Life has a way of coming full circle and every ending is a new beginning (even when it hurts).

Thank you for all the lovely, heartfelt comments. I am grateful for each and every one of them.

November 8, 2017 / 3:29 pm

Angel Pip wouldn't have had it any other way. In fact we are pretty darn sure he had a big paw in finding Ruby for you. We know Angel Ciara did that with Misty:)Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

2. Eastside Cats
    November 8, 2017 / 4:29 pm

The Hubby and I have not yet lost one of our four-footed family members, but with Chuck being ill, some of these things start rolling 'round my head. I am so sorry for your loss.

November 8, 2017 / 5:50 pm

Our training instructor said – "the best way to honor the loss of a beloved pet is to share your love with another". I am positive that Greta helped us find MabelhugsHazel & Mabel

4. Mama and da DB Boyz
    November 8, 2017 / 6:57 pm

We feel the same..and are so glad Dory, Bailey and so many angels sent us Rosy!xoxo,Jakey, Arty & Rosy

November 8, 2017 / 8:59 pm

We truly believe Pip had a paw in finding Ruby and in our opinion the best way to honor him and his devotion and love was to adopt another sweet pup in need to share your love.Pip was all about sharing and loving and living….he is smiling.Hugs madi your bfff and mOM

6. Lori Hilliard
    November 8, 2017 / 9:11 pm

I'm at that point where I know I'm going to be saying goodbye soon to at least one pet. Peanut Butter (cat) is 18 years old and blind. Soldier (rescue dog) is 19 years old, deaf and suffering from CCD. They are both still happy, although frail. I know that when one or both of them are taken from me, I will eventually take all that love I give them and share it with another pet that needs me. Our house would be so empty without a canine or feline presence!

7. Jackie Bouchard
    November 8, 2017 / 9:23 pm

Oh, agreed. It’s an homage to the love for your last dog when you go out and get another dog, I think. (We found Rita online a mere 6 days after losing our angel Abby – even though we said we’d wait at least a few months…. – and brought her home the next week.) She helped us heal.

8. Cathy Keisha
    November 8, 2017 / 11:40 pm

Ruby is so cute. I'll bet TW would fawn all over her. After Nicky and Autumn died within 10 days of each other, TW needed time off so I waited at the shelter for another 6 months until she was ready for me.

9. The Adventures of The Bell Fur Zoo
    November 8, 2017 / 11:46 pm

We love dis! If Mama did not has us after Angel Ginger passed away we would hope she would has shared all her love wif a new fur baby. I am sure sweet Pip had a hand in guiding Ruby into your life.xoxo,Matt & Matilda

10. Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows)
    November 8, 2017 / 11:57 pm

I couldn't agree more. I used to wait months to over a year in between cats, but after losing Truffles I adopted Mudpie just a month later. I was so devastated that I needed to focus on something that would make me feel joy again, and I have never regretted that decision. Everyone is different and we need to do what works for us.

11. Hailey and Zaphod and their Lady
    November 8, 2017 / 11:59 pm

Sending hugs during this time of remembering.

12. LP
    November 9, 2017 / 12:02 am

We remember Pip with love. And yes, there is no one way to grieve. The important thing is to carry on with life and to never forget those we loved.the critters in the cottage xo

November 9, 2017 / 12:49 am

We agree, and that's just as it should be too!

November 9, 2017 / 2:07 am

We're sure Pip would approve of Ruby.

15. Susan Willett
    November 9, 2017 / 2:22 am

You never get over those losses. I think of the dogs I've lost all the time. They're not replaced. They're always in your heart. And the best thing you can do is what you did: welcome another pup into your life.—Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats

16. M. K. Clinton
    November 9, 2017 / 2:27 am

It is never easy to say good-bye to a loved one. Welcoming a new pup is never replacing one but simply adding to the paw prints on your heart.

17. pilch92 15andmeowing
    November 9, 2017 / 2:45 am

Pip would approve of your sharing your love with another sweet pup. XO

November 9, 2017 / 4:34 am

I know 4 years probably still feels like yesterday for you. It took me so many years to love another dog after my sweet Ginny passed away. I'm glad you didn't wait too long to give another dog a home, that kind of waiting can go on for so many years. You gave Pip a fabulous life and now you're giving Ruby a wonderful life too. I like how you say that every ending is a new beginning.Love & Biscuits,Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

19. Robin Mudge
    November 9, 2017 / 7:43 am

I'm glad that things have come full circle for you. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet. You never truly let go – they take a piece of your heart forever. Ruby has been a great girl! She's done a great job on your blog. I'm sure that Pip is very happy with the way you've chosen to honor her memory. -Purrs from your friends at http://www.PlayfulKitty.net

November 9, 2017 / 11:50 am

Everyone handles loss in their own way. For us losing Katie has been super hard, but adopting Madison so soon after losing Katie just felt right and we have seen so many signs of Katie since she has arrived. It makes us sad, but happy at the same time. Those we lose would want us to go on no matter how hard it can be. Adding a family member has nothing to do with the amount of grief a person has, it is what feels right and helps a grieving person go on.

21. Kerry Barbero
    November 9, 2017 / 5:32 pm

And Pip wouldn't have wanted you to stay sad, but have joy in your heart and life again. So I am sure Pip is looking from the clouds and is happy that you & Ruby found each other. Hugs! -Valentine (& Mom) of Noir Kitty Mews

22. Kerry Barbero
    November 9, 2017 / 5:34 pm

I'm sure Pip wouldn't have wanted you to stay sad after her passing, but would've wanted you to have your heart filled with love and joy again. I bet she is looking down from the clouds & is happy that you & Ruby found each other. Hugs!

23. Foley Monster, Pocket and River Song
    November 10, 2017 / 2:59 am

I am sure you and Ruby saved one another

November 10, 2017 / 3:42 pm

I'm sure Pip loves Ruby as much as you do.

November 10, 2017 / 9:49 pm

The way you love Ruby is full of all the things Pip taught you. It took me years to realize this … but our furbabies live on in the way we love successive furbabies – and even in the way we love the people around us. We transform into better people – more loving people.

November 11, 2017 / 12:51 am

Sharing the love you had for Pip by rescuing another!! Much love friend!

27. KB Bear
    November 13, 2017 / 3:36 am

It is a true circle of life. Just like in your life, Shyla's Gotcha date is not far from the date of the death of Angel K. Beginnings and endings go together, but it's still hard.

November 14, 2017 / 12:12 am

It's so tough. When we think of the losses we've had with so much sadness, at the same time we know that without those losses we wouldn't have the new loves we have in our lives. It's kind of a conundrum.