Ruby is a rescue dog. We adopted her when she was six or seven years old. She was brought to Chicago’s Animal Care and Control after being found living in horrible conditions with many other dogs. It is clear she has had multiple litters of puppies and like most mama dogs, probably gave away everything she had to her babies.
She has some chronic health and autoimmune issues including Vasculitis in both ears. Providing her with a nutritionally dense, natural diet has always been a priority for us (to make up for the neglect in her past). We have tried different foods, but until recently hadn’t found one that addressed ALL her issues. But we finally found the perfect food for Ruby – The Farmer’s Dog subscription-based dog food! Ruby started on The Farmer’s Dog in mid-June and the results have been pretty remarkable. Before we get to her results, here’s what you need to know about The Farmer’s Dog.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you order The Farmer’s Dog through the link below, I will receive a small commission and be very grateful.
The Farmer’s Dog – A Smarter, Healthier, Subscription-Based Dog Food that Dogs Love
1. The Farmer’s Dog is a personalized, ready-to-serve, pre-portioned, subscription-based dog food made from real ingredients under the highest safety conditions.
2. When you sign up for The Farmer’s Dog, you create an individual profile based on your dog’s size, age, breed, medical conditions, allergies, activity level, etc. The Farmer’s Dog then creates a meal plan just for your dog. Bonus: adorable packaging with your dog’s name on it!
3. The Farmer’s Dog is made from fresh, human-grade, natural, minimally processed ingredients and sourced from restaurant suppliers and local farms. All recipes are formulated by board-certified veterinary nutritionists. They even monitor your dog’s progress and adjust accordingly. Bonus: their customer service is AMAZING. I received a text the first week asking how Ruby liked her food.
4. Recipes are prepared in human-grade kitchens and quickly frozen for transport. Your dog’s custom recipes are delivered to you within days of cooking – it is always fresh and never sits on a shelf.
5. The Farmer’s Dog arrives when you need it, before you run out. Customers are put on a reordering schedule timed to make sure you never run out of food. Bonus: I’m not the most organized person in the world so this is a win win for all of us!
Ruby’s Results On The Farmers’s Dog’s Personalized, Ready-To-Serve Dog Food
I will go into more detail in my next post, but here’s a quick overview of Ruby’s remarkable results on The Farmer’s Dog subscription-based dog food.
1. Weight loss. Ruby has always had trouble with portion control. It’s a rescue dog thing – must eat everything in case there’s no more. The Farmer’s Dog pre-portioned, pre-packaged meal plan is super easy to follow. Ruby is now sporting her new slim and trim summer body.
2. Increased energy. Quite simply, Ruby’s energy level has tripled. She genuinely seems to feel better, which results in longer walks and more playtime.
3. More confident. Because Ruby feels better, she’s also much more confident. She is more willing to explore new places and even interact with other dogs. She’s always been a bit nervous with other dogs, but now surprises me by confidently greeting (and sometimes playing) with other dogs we meet on walks.
4. Reduced allergy and autoimmune symptoms. Her skin is less itchy and red overall and there’s been a huge improvement in her ear vasculitis. The affected area is about half the size it was a month ago. It’s pretty crazy.
Ruby has been fortunate to try several different foods through the blog. While she’s liked ALL of them (she’s not picky when it comes to food), The Farmer’s Dog is the first one we have decided to keep her on permanently. It’s made that much of a difference for her! Tune in next week for a more in depth look at her results!
Ruby is tickled pink to be working with The Farmer’s Dog! Order through our link and you will also receive 50% off your first order of The Farmer’s Dog subscription-based dog food. In full disclosure, we will receive a commission for new sign ups.